Just Us

Just Us

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Worst Campers Ever!

This last weekend we went to Lake Powell. Woot Lake Powell! Well... turns out we must be a bunch of city folk. An array of things went bad; from not having the boat key and having to get the ignition changed out, Brady getting tripped by a leash and falling out of the front of the boat onto asphault, to coyotes eating the dog food at 4 a.m., and our food melting or turning to goo in the wet coolers, and many many more adventures. Oh and it was hot! But the water was so so so fantastic! I could live in Lake Powell water. Honestly even though everything went wrong and we came home early, I loved it! It was absolutely beautiful there. (the top picture is a picture of our camping spot. We found a decent place to pitch our tents!) We went with Brady and his Fiance Ashlee, and their puppy Cal-lee (Cal-lee is Skills best friend and she is now missing her greatly). Skills absolutely LOVED the water and the sand. Cal-lee wasn't a fan so Skills made sure she kept her nice and matted down with wet sand. Any who, here's a bunch of pictures and next time we go to Lake Powell, I might just have to rent a house boat. :) Oh but at least I'm not so pastey anymore.


Our Camping Spot View. At sunset.

This had me cracking up hystarically! Casey was sleeping and Skills went in and this is how she chose to lay. I wish the tent was tall enough to get a full body shot 'cause Casey's hands look just like Skills. Crossed on his chest. She wants to be just like Daddy. Hahaha!



I'm such a fat kid with my s'mores! They were SO messy!







Casey with one of the cool red rock cliffs behind him.





Ooohhh sweet... the cute engaged couple spent much of their time staring deep into each others eyes. haha! we had fun making fun of them :)


I had so many good pics of these two that it was hard to pic one. But I think this one pretty much captures the "red-neck Yacht Club" theme that we were going for. :)

Here's the two best friends :) I tried to get both of there faces but man they wrestle too much. But at least you get the gist of how insanely dirty they were the whole time. They spent a lot of time digging holes and then fighting over who got to lay in it.

4 comments:

The Jarretts said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love lake powell I want to go :) We need to go on a road trip together...you do still owe me Vegas haha Brady and Ashlee look so cute together :)

The Burns said...

Oh it looks like you guys had fun even with all the stuff that went wrong! ha ha just think, you will be laughing so hard about it all in a couple months!

Burlene said...

Such FUN!!!

Missy said...

Dang you! You just got this prego craving smores!! ARG!