Just Us

Just Us

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Camping: Take 2

Last weekend we went down to Green River UT, (and boy is that a happening town!) for Brandon Pluim's birthday. It was so much fun! Apparently when other people plan it we're are actually good campers. There was this fabulous little beach and I will never forget the view at night with the moon light. Gorgeous. The sand was so amazing! we're planning to go back and steal sand to fill our sand box. The trip started kind of rough, Brandon and I took off our life jackets to swim and next thing you know power trip officer Randy Ford is lecturing us for the next 45 minutes and we have life jacket tickets. But, now we know, every one Randy ever talks about is dead because they did something stupid or they're just plain stupid. haha he was a funny man. Any way we both got life jacket tickets (sad day). But the rest of the trip rocked! the weather was awesome, the company was great, and Tisha is apparently my lucky charm! We're going to Vegas! We played poker and since Tish was rusty she was on my team! We did awesome! we got amazing hands and basically just kicked butt. Any way, it was a good trip and now my faith in camping has been restored! enjoy the pics.


This is the group that went (from left; tisha, emily, brandon, Casey, Katy, Me, Emily, Kyle, and Derek) right before taking the raft out!

Tisha rode with us down and slept in our tent with us! She's so much fun!


This was the beginning of the poker tournament. Me and Tish cleaned house!


The girls! Sorry Katy and Emily I know you hate this pic but I like your cute pregnant bellies! :)




Brandon and Katy Pluim. This is the couple that deserves the big hug! Thanks for planning everything perfectly! you guys are awesome!

Emily trying to kiss a frog! love it! she chased this little guy for like 10 minutes! he chased her a little too.


Casey some how was designated chef! He did so good! everything was delicious! pancakes on the dutch oven lid worked awesome!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Mom and I voted, and it's official, you suck for not taking us. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

The Pluims said...

Bahahaha LOVE the picture of Em trying to kiss the frog. So much FUN! Thanks for all of your help planning everything it was GREAT! Tell Casey thanks again for being so amazing at dutch oven... You have to email me the pictures that you have!

Burlene said...

Oh what fun! My family is from Green River, Utah....ha ha. It is quite the happening town. Did you visit the "chow hound"? I still have tons of fam there....BTW Micah HATES the town even though she goes often. Ha ha

The Jarretts said...

So much fun! I am with Missy, you suck for not taking us!! Hey, best friend, why don't we ever go on trips together huh?! If I recall you still owe me a trip to Vegas (or camping or visiting me or SOMETHING!!) Well we'll be up for Swiss Days so I'll see you then :)