Just Us

Just Us

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanks

I have WAY too many things to be thankful for. But, as it's Thanksgiving I'm going to enjoy it instead of just dreading the coming of Christmas music. If you see me screaming like a crazy person it's probably because of the music. Anyway, back to being thankful...
I'm SO thankful for my friends and my family. I don't know what I would do without them.
 My friends not only put up with my craziness and definite over-sharing but they seem to love the real me. They love Casey, they care about my family, they are the best friends a girl could ask for. LOVE THEM.
Then there's my family; I don't even know what to write without it being ridiculously long and sappy. Every single person is AMAZING and I aspire to be just like them. They love Casey and Heston and accept the fact that I'm a crazy dog lady. They are the best.
Then there's Casey's family; I have great in-laws. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm sorry your in-laws suck, but mine rock. They are the easiest people to get along with and they would do anything for us. I think they are still shocked by my craziness sometimes, but they accept it and that's what matters! On a side note: at the last family party I found the best joke on a laffy taffy "why did the momma cat move her kittens?"          Answer: "because she didn't want to litter"   ahahahaha!!! such a goodie! And Casey's family now knows that I have the sense of humor of a 5 year old.
What I am most thankful for is this
This is my world. I could not be more spoiled than I am because of these 4 beings. They love me, they cuddle me, and they want to be with me. I love them. Skills is a diva who thinks she's a person, Moose is on crack and I either want to cuddle with him or punch him in the face, Heston is perfect in every way, and Casey is the best. He's everything; Smart, funny, strong, can fix anything, likes to cook, etc etc..
Also lately I've been thankful for laughter. It has recently come to my attention that most people don't throw there heads back when they laugh... apparently that's just me. and children. Embarrassing. But I'm so glad for the laughter in my life. Funny things:
  • Casey: "is that a bottle in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"   (it was a bottle)
  • I'm doing my post-baby-shedding and Casey asked me if Cousin-It died in our garbage can.
  • Phil on Duck Dynasty: "we should head on down to the wal-mart and buy you a personality"
  • Marshal on How I Met Your Mother: " what do you call a fish with no eyes?... FSH"
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • Casey on Wreck It Ralph Casey: "is it as funny as Tangled?" Me:"It's a different kind of funny" Casey: "Does it have a funny horse?" Me: "no..." Casey: "Then it's not as funny."
  • dirty texts from Maegan
alright, I'll stop. The point is, I'm glad I can enjoy the little things. I'm glad my life is full of joy and I'm so thankful to the people in my life who are constantly making me laugh. Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

No comments: