Just Us

Just Us

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Things I Say

It's amazing how many things I say EVERY DAY that Shock me. Things that make me pause and think "wow, who saw that one coming?" Of course there are the obvious:
  • "accounts payable- this is Leslie" My math teacher is probably having a stroke.
  • "my son, Heston"- yes, I have a child. weird.
  • "our house"- yup, real grown ups, 2 dogs, a baby, AND a house. We have arrived.
  • "has he pooped today?" or "yay! he pooped!"- hmm... poop is a priority... interesting. Is this another sign that we've "arrived" or does this take me down a notch?
Then there are the WEIRD things. Things that I think there's NO WAY that other people have to (get to?) say these on a daily basis:
  • "Don't eat the dog!"- do the dogs look tasty? why does he insist on trying this?
  • "Don't lick the baby!"- Heston loves it, and the dogs get yelled at. It's a cruel world.
  • "Please don't eat spit up"- Skills is gross
  • "Don't hump your sister!"- dogs. oy. in all fairness this isn't everyday... still, very awkward.
  • "So, in the book I read last night..."- I always loved to read but I think it's become a problem. Reading slow means taking 2 days... :\ I may need an intervention.
  • "You're a ho bag. But I love you"- He (Casey) really is a Ho-bag. But he's okay to look at so I put up with it.
Alright. This was random. But I need to get back to work. :D

5 comments:

The Jarretts said...

You forgot some oldies but goodies of "finger me!" and "Don't go up there, it's hairy!" hahah. I hope everyone who reads these is disgusted.

Missy said...

For the love of Bevan!

Missy said...

Oh, and "Blast!"

Hilary Obzansky said...

Haha! I love your blog posts. They make me laugh! Hope you are doing well. I miss your face :)

Stef Thacker said...

Leave it to Alison to give you some other ones.. GROSS!!!! I say almos the same things... Poop is an awesomely healthy baby! :) Hope all is good!!!