Just Us

Just Us

Friday, April 1, 2011

Stupid deliciousness

My name is Leslie Moon and I have a problem. I am addicted to Diet Coke. This SHAMES ME! I've always been a diet soda hater. I think if your going to drink it to enjoy it then do it, and stop worrying about calories! ridiculous. But then my doctor put me on the low carb diet and I realized I would have to give up Coke (the drink. not the drug. I think that's pretty low carb already.) decided I was too weak to live with out caffeine/carbonation. Here's the weird part. I only drank regular Coke a couple of times a week; Date nights, When Casey makes me wake up early on weekends, Girls nights, etc.. I crave Diet Coke ALL THE TIME! I want one every day. I can no longer mock Casey for his daily Dr.Pepper needs (although he still drinks way more than me.) Going 3 days without regular Coke was normal. Going 3 days with out Diet Coke is a huge accomplishment. After I noticed this I've been on the lookout for info confirming that Diet Coke is more addictive. I found this article: http://healthmad.com/nutrition/diet-versus-regular-soda/ But other than that I haven't seen much. Some people I've talked to say it's because you don't have to worry about calories so you don't think it counts. I'm not one of those people. Soda is not good for you. Period. Carbonation, caffeine, sugar, artificial sweetener, it's all bad for you, whether it's diet or not. I know this and I still love it. Sorry, not the point. The point is actually a question. Do you think Diet Soda is more addictive? I'd love to have you enable me and make excuses for my addiction. Thanks!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Luke and I had to do a talk on the Word of Wisdom last month. We found a lot of info that we weren't ready to find. Habits are hard to change. This month marks my year marker for not having pop. I didn't think I was that addicted, until those first few months of trying to quit. (little did I know but my brain associates mexican food with diet coke...not good when you love mexican!!) We found a bunch of studys out of Harvard and other schools that did show an association between diet soda and cravings, especially wanting to eat more. The real crazy info was the info we found on caffiene. Luke has even SERIOUSLY cut down...which is big for a trucker. Interesting stuff. Good luck with whatever you decide to drink or not drink!

Eva said...

To Answer your question: YES! Seriously...I have an entire family (my sweet in-laws) that are ADDICTED to Diet Coke...and Proud ;) It's a giant family joke...but seriously, I don't think my father-in-law could give it up if he tried...

Danielle Richardson said...

UM I LOVE DIET COKE SO MUCH! i'm super glad you converted because now i can steal it out of your fridge when i'm there :) and your right. i need one every day too.... =/ hahah