Just Us

Just Us

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Big Issues


It has recently come to my attention that sometimes the things that me and Casey talk about are a little weird. Mostly this has to do with our debates. You know, politics, the meaning of life... or not. We LOVE to debate insignificant matters. Their are of course the main ones that we will never give up on, such as; Batman vs. Superman, Dr.Pepper vs. Coke, and Who gets to die first, Is Star Wars awesome. We'll just have to agree to disagree on these. Here are the ones that have popped up in the last little while: (If you've hung out with us you've probably been brought into the debate)


  • Cheerleaders vs. Dancers-- who's hotter? (I feel that Casey's poor taste will reflect poorly on me. I'm working on him but so far in the opinion poll I think he's winning this one. Darn.) side note: There are of course hot ones of both. No one be offended!


  • Flying vs. Super-strength-- This one brings a whole other round of questions such as


  1. Does Super-strength allow you to jump higher?

  2. Does flying allow you to carry another person? Or is it like running and takes too much exertion?

  3. Does Super-strength increase your stamina? Could I run for a longer period of time?


  • Jennifer Aniston vs Brooklyn Decker-- Who's Hotter?





  • Baseball vs. Soccer-- which is more lame to watch (no offense to those of you who play either... they're just not too exciting to watch...)

  • Who's friends are crazier, Mine or His? (Sorry friends... I think we're losing this battle...)

Those are our big issues for now. There are others but either I can't remember them or I feel they are blog inappropriate. So, if you randomly see one of us go "ah-ha!" it probably has something to do with one of these. We both love being right and refuse to back down; so please, feel free to comment and choose my side (even though I've intentionally left out who picks which. If you care you can ask me. But since I'm all around cooler than Casey I'd hate to have you just jump on my band wagon because I'm awesome.)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

when you get bored of these, do "would you rather" games. Ours get out of hand.

I've never thought about flying taking extra exertion. You just blew my mind.

Come live by us. It would be so much fun.

Danielle Richardson said...

Jennifer Aniston is soo hotter! and i would want to fly just because it would be cool and i dont think i need super strength for anything...? and coke is way better (only if its diet) thats the only ones i can remember. :) love you and your crazy husband!

Johanna said...

Ok here are my votes:
Cheerleaders vs. dancers?
This one is a close call for me, but I would have to say dancers.
Flying vs. super strength?
Flying for sure!
Jennfier Aniston vs. Brooklyn Decker?
Jennifer Aniston hands down.
Baseball vs. Soccer?
SOCCER! Please poke my eyes out!
And since I don't know Casey's friends, and I am your friend, and I'm weird, I would have to say your friends;)

The Jarretts said...

You two are so funny. I think Dr. Pepper and Coke are equally delicious, but for the purpose of this blog I will choose Coke (because I have some biases towards this couple, no offence gummy). I have always wondered if flying would be harder like running, in that case I would never fly. But that all depends on the rules. Dancers are hotter, and Jennifer Aniston. I have never even heard of Brooklyn Decker. I think soccer is worse, unless you are going to watch Kiwi in H.S. days. As for friends, yours are crazier in a good fun, way. Casey's are crazier in that they are actually crazy. Trav and I debate about weird stuff like this as well, prob. because we never agree on anything of opinion. If you look at us on paper, we never should have gotten married. The only thing we have in common are a few T.V. shows (30 Rock, The Office, Community) and yet we are so perfect for each other. I am rambling. Miss you.

Michael and Cassie said...

Oh my gosh that just made my day! You guys are hilarious! We need to hang out sometime soon!

Garnerfam said...

This post is hilarious! Ok... Superman is cooler than Batman bc he has both super strength AND can fly! I would rather fly. Baseball and Soccer are both boring to watch, but I would rather go to a baseball game. :) Jennifer Aniston is prettier, I don't even know who that other girl is. And... what was the other ..soda, I don't drink. Sports did that to me. ;) And OH, dancers vs cheerleaders. hmmm.. if we're talking NBA dancers, they're hot.. if we're talking NFL cheerleaders, they're hot too. Fun post Leslie. :)

Missy said...

Dancers are way hotter than cheerleaders. I don't know who the Decker chick is and I'm confused because I thought Casey's cheat was someone else. Annnywho, I would love to fly. I'm a Pyne, we are required to lift rolls of carpet and move fridges, even the girls, which sucks. I'd rather feel the wind on my face and go see our niece and nephews ANY TIME I WANT! Baseball players wear nice pants and soccer players are just hot, so, I'm at a dead end on that one. I won't get into it on the friends issue, I plead the fifth! ;) Oh, and Superman is my fav, but Christian Bale is unbelievable sexy soooo... yep. P.S. Here's a "would you rather" for you: would you rather have a rock stuck up your nose or have a giant tick on your head sucking your life blood? Hmmmm.