Just Us

Just Us

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

turn that frown upside down




So yesterday was a bad day. Not the kind where everything goes wrong. The kind that you bring on yourself by allowing yourself to think (I knew thinking was dangerous). I tried all my usual tactics; blaring music so loud it hurts my ears, repeating "It's ok, It's ok, It's ok" over and over again, reading, etc.. It was all to no avail because I have responsibilities and so I can't just hide out with music and a book.
Everyday Casey calls me when he gets to the car to begin the long trek home from SLC. Yesterday, our conversation went like this Leslie:"Hubby Moon!" Casey:"hi wifey, how's work" L: "Lame" (this is my usual answer) C: "Are you ok?" (my tone must have been off) L:"long day". And then we chatted about our day. When I made it home I had time to change, get my stuff together, and head off to the store to buy supplies for my night at Slate Canyon. To my lovely surprise I walk in, pet the excited puppy, and go to drop my purse on the table when I see My favorite flowers, in our wedding colors, sitting in a vase on the table. They are so beautiful! I looked at Casey and said "what are these for" and he just shrugs and says "you sounded like you had a bad day".
These gorgeous flowers made everything better. I won't lie and say I was instantly in a good mood or my worries went away, but they upped my positive quotient and made the rest of my night a LOT easier and pleasant. Thanks Hubby Moon for being great! I wish I had pictures to post but perhaps I'll get them up tomorrow! :D

8 comments:

The Burns said...

Oh so cute! I love when they are all cute and surprise you like that! Hope you have a good day! :)

Johanna said...

Leslie, that is SO CUTE! You have a good hubby:)

Burlene said...

good to hear he's still so in-tune with his wifey. (my dad calls my mom that, yeah I got a little teary thinking about it) I love you moons!

The Jarretts said...

That is so cute. He is Peeta and Gale wrapped in one hubby moon package!

Missy said...

So, did you tell Luke to get me flowers? Because he did. I know...I about died of shock! If you did, I love you. If you didn't, I love you. Enjoy your flowers sweetheart. You married one of my favorite people in the whole world. Lucky girl!

Unknown said...

You have a good husband. He has a good wife. I like you guys.

Sheree Thayne said...

awe! I'm glad to hear there are men out there that are still like your husband and mine. My husband did the same thing the other day. :) I didn't do as well as I thought on my test and he could tell I was upset, so he got me flowers.
You should read my blog, I had a stupid (I don't know if I can call it a breakdown) but, I guess my point is to let you know we all have those bad days. :)

Sheree Thayne said...

I LOVE gerber daisy's!!!!