Just Us

Just Us

Friday, May 8, 2009

We Should Jam Out

So this is going to be a random post. It's actually my ode to music (did I write that correctly?). Any one who has heard me sing would not know that music can speak to my soul like nothing else can. Music can completely change my mood or sympathize with my struggles. Many bands speak to my soul. Colin Raye was one of my first CD's I ever purchased, I was like 10 and he has spoken to my soul ever since. Any who... my list could go on and on, it really just depends on my mood. Lately Hinder has been my angry music, when I want to feel girly I'll listen to Taylor Swift, when I want to feel like I can maybe sing a little I listen to sugarland, when I want to totally jam out I listen to a mix of fantastic nineties songs mixed with some early 2000's that Boomy made for me. Any way, I was thinking about this today as I was listening to our new Shinedown CD, The Sound of Madness. If you have not heard this CD I recommend it. They have an emotional poetic-ness about them, You can totally feel their emotion. Any who, Sorry if you've ever heard me sing, but, it's not going to stop! :)

2 comments:

The Jarretts said...

Usher speaks to my soul, but you already knew that. I should try that CD! We can then jam out to it together with our beautiful voices complimenting each other.

Missy said...

An "Emotional Poetic-ness". Well will ya look at my baby sister and her fancy words!! :) haha! You'll have to play some of your new poetic music for me! I'd love to take a listen.