Just Us

Just Us

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fear

This quote is my favorite quote of all time. It empowers me. haha yeah that's cheesy I know, but it really does. I gave this quote to my Young Women on the last lesson I taught and I really hope that they listen to it. Any way here it is, even though I'm sure every one has already heard it. It's called "Our Greatest Fear" and it's by Marianne Williamson and was also used in a powerful speech by Nelson Mandela.

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously giveother people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear,our presence automatically liberates others.

3 comments:

Burlene said...

Great poem. We're all about Cheese.....I haven't heard from you. How did the house purchase go? Why no pics on the house? When your in town look me up....I won't be at the high school after this year...budget cuts!

Keep blogging I love to have at least that much information!!!

Missy said...

Yes, you are your brothers sister. Thats his fav too. hahaha

Danielle Richardson said...

I FOUND YOU!! and i cant beleive you've had a blog since like my birthday and i didn't know about it haha