Just Us

Just Us

Friday, April 3, 2009

Colors!




So every year at the Krishna temple in Spanish Fork they have a Color Festival. So this year me and Michelle decided we were going to go check it out. It was crazy!!! there were so many people there! it was nuts! we got there a little late and I was rushed to get to a bridal shower so I really didn't get to explore the temple and the festivities like I wanted but it was still really cool. it was like a giant concert, people were crowd surfing and and it was crazy loud. All the while everyone was covered in colored corn starch. Yes, I said corn starch, we always thought it was chalk but nope! What they do is the burn the epitaph which is a symbol of a witch who brought evil or something but was stopped by her brother. (yes I know I shouldn't even try to explain if I don't really know, so check it out for yourself. if you google "color Festival" it comes up but add spanish fork if you want to narrow it down to this one.)


So here are some pics of me and Casey at the festival. Michelle didn't want to be posted on my blog and Jenny Frances has some more pics but these will give you an idea. Sorry the bottom one is so creepy but I was trying really hard not to blink because I do that a lot in pictures.


Oh and P.S. Casey's a hater and hated all of the "cut class not frogs" and "save the animals" type stuff. But I think he just didn't get to know the culture enough.


2 comments:

Missy said...

Jenny your roommate?

The Jarretts said...

I wish I could have gone with you! It would have taken weeks to wash my hair haha. I miss you best friend.