Just Us

Just Us

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Work

Yes, I am back at work and yes, it BLOWS. I hate it. I was all sorts of nervous that I couldn't be a stay at home mom. And while I was correct in thinking I would suck at the homemaker thing (I tried, but cleaning is really just not one of my skills), I was incorrect in thinking I'd have a hard time being home all day. I loved cuddling with Heston all day and getting distracted by his cute giggles. I did get a bit jittery to get out of the house but nothing that a date night or a girls night couldn't fix. I was also correct in thinking that without a reason to shower I never would. I shouldn't say never... I showered like twice a week.... (casey's such a lucky man). But now I'm back to work, back to showering, back to having a reason to avoid deep cleaning my house, and I HATE IT. I miss him. I miss comforting him when he cries, and being spit up on, and playing with him while he giggles. I hate that I only see him for 3 hours a day. I get home at 5:30 and he's in bed by 8:30. But our neighbor, Amy, is great and sends me pics and texts to sooth my craziness and so that I know he's happy. Since I'm not a cryer she's probably been witnessing my moodiness which takes the form of VERY loud angry music. I also have eaten WAY to much cake...Anyway, I will probably be back at work for about 6 months so that we can pay off a few things and then we'll be able to afford expensive and crappy healthcare.  Just wanted to give an update! I really will start posting more often. eventually.

1 comment:

The Jarretts said...

I hate it too :( Sorry best friend.