Just Us

Just Us

Friday, March 2, 2012

AND THE WINNER IS.....

The winner of the bet is.... ME!!! (Of course.) We're having A BOY!!!! So I get final say on the name... I made sure to rub Casey's face in it the second we walked out of our ultrasound. The sad part is that Casey is always so much better than me. He had his list all ready to go, with a bunch of cute girls names we both liked. I have 2 names on my list. And now Casey is trying to brainwash me by calling the baby the name he likes. He's a poo. Anyway, just thought I'd share the news! I was going to wait til I remembered to post a picture, but is it weird to post a picture of my unborn babies man-junk? Is it weird to celebrate man-Junk?
In other news, I have finally let Casey start working on the nursery remodel! I use the "finally" very loosely. Casey wanted to start buying stuff and working on the room the second the stick gave us plus sign. But to be fair I'm not due til the end of July! I kept putting him off by saying "not until we know the gender". Now we know the gender... uh oh. He's already set up the crib, put up bead board (caulked it, painted it, etc..), made me help pick out a color scheme (thanks Missy, and the cute bedding and Babies R us), bought paint, and installed canned lighting on a dimmer switch so the lights don't wake the baby and his clumsy wife doesn't hurt herself. He's done most of it all by himself while I sit and cat call at him. He's such a yummy handy-man. I've learned that I am an excellent caulker, and that using a tape measure is way harder than it looks (I'll be making Casey do all measuring of rooms, or anything farther than 3 feet, from here on out). And I'm sure I'll be posting pictures when it's all done. On a side note, If you need any paint, we went a bit overboard... sooo.... we have white, gray, blue, yellow, and orange.  we'll be done with them soon and you're welcome to them.
ITS A BOY!!!! :D

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for you two!! :) Can't wait to see more pictures of the nursery.

Burlene said...

I'm so happy for you two. This is an amazing exciting time, continue to love and grow together, soon you'll both be so tired you'll just cat call in your sleep. Ha! Glad your recording this time.

Alyse said...

That is really exciting! You guys will make a cute, fun boy! And, that is so great that Casey can do all of that... So handy.

Stef Thacker said...

Boys are so fun! Dirt, mud, boogers, crashing things, messes, Everything boyish! Its always a blast! Congrats!!!

The Jarretts said...

Woot woo!!! You should never hold Casey back in his handy-man ways! I am going to be the best aunt to little moon man in the world :)

Michael and Cassie said...

Yay!! I wanna see pictures of the nursery! You will love having a boy!

Missy said...

Liar! Casey started decorating the nursery as soon as you bought the house! Dude bought his own crib! Hahaha! I can't wait to see the nursery...and this little bear! I may have to take some of this grey paint off your hands! (P.S. save the white for touch ups because there will be many! After all, he is a boy AND part Magnusson!)

Missy said...

Wow. My last comment had a LOT of exclamation points. I think I'm a tad excited to be an auntie again.

Johanna said...

Ha ha ha!! I think this is the funniest post I have ever read! "Is it weird to celebrate man-junk?" Leslie you crack me up!

The Pluims said...

Love this!! Except... next time you send me a picture and I don't respond send it again! You know I would respond to anything decorating wise so I must not have gotten it! hahaha

Eva said...

Oh my goodness, Casey's is Daddy Nesting! That is pretty stinkin adorable. PICTURES PLEASE! I want to see the result of you twos handiness! And...why not celebrate man-junk? ;) Everything is cuter on a baby :D