Just Us

Just Us

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TWENTY-TWO!

Yes, it is official, I am the big two-two. It is the point where there is nothing left to look forward to. 8; baptised 16; driving and dating, 18; your legal 21; drinking and gambling. the next thing I'm excited for is senior citizen discounts and early bird specials! Dang that's a long way off.... ;)
Anywho, my birthday was spectacular! I wish I had pictures but, as you all know, I suck at remembering my camera. Casey gave me 3 pairs of jeans and a collection of Howard Keel musicals (I asked for 7 brides for 7 brothers and he surprised me by getting me 4 musicals instead of just one!!!! WOOT!) I love musicals! I LOVE to sing along! SO, the deal was that Casey had to watch 7 brides for 7brothers with me and if he fell asleep (which he always does during movies) then I get a reward of 2 trips to the movie theatre, complete with popcorn, in the month of May (he hates movie's in the movie theatre also). He fell asleep and I got to go to Iron Man 2 on Saturday. On my birthday he also had flowers delivered to my work and he made me spaghetti for dinner! mmm... spaghetti.... I also got lunch from Tisha at Taco Amigo! mmm... Taco amigo.... I have awesome friends and family, I got phone calls and texts and facebook messages all day! Ali sent me "the book thief", which I also got from Logan and Natalie as well as "lovely bones". I also got 2 books from Danielle! They all know of my obsession with books. :D Then on Friday we went to dinner with the Giles', Bigelows, and Richins at Olive Garden and played games at our house. Oh how I love them. They are all SO freakin hilarious! I can always count on a good time with that crazy group. Sunday we had my family party and I got more sweet gear, Including a popcorn kit complete with FOUR different types of seasoning AND professional butter! oh man am I psyched! Luke and Missy know of my OBSESSION with popcorn. mmm... popcorn...
All in all my birthday was full of the things I love; Family, friends, books, musicals, and of course, ALL of my favorite FOODS! (including cake. mmm... cake.... even the word is delicious.) Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

Stef Thacker said...

Sounds like you had the best birthday ever! Happy belated birthday!

Johanna said...

Ok Leslie I'm the worst friend ever!!! Happy birthday!! I'm glad you had an awesome day! You deserve it!

Leslie Moon Face said...

Thanks Stef! And Johanna, you are not! I don't know your birthday... oops...But thanks for my birthday wishes! :D And you are correct; I need to go to Balti. I'll just tell casey Peace out.Oh and you should get facebook. at least well you're in Balti. Then you can ditch it.

Missy said...

Oh...I can think of a few more things you can look forward to.

Danielle Richardson said...

when you are 25 you can rent a car. :) i love you! next year i will have to think of something more original for your birthday... i dont like being like everyone else! haha

Josh and Micah said...

this post was hilarious! :) you are too funny les! :)
Happy Belated Birthday from your lame friend!

p.s. i am glad i am not the only one who has the same feelings about life (regarding my last blog post.)

Eva said...

It may be late but Happy Day of Birth! The world is a better place with you in it :) Also, from your last post... You know you want to join me in an MSW program...do it...do it ;) Seriously, though, the U of U's is top 50 in the nation...just saying...

The Jarretts said...

I can't wait for early bird specials either! We will be the cutest old lady friends eating the dinner at 4 ever! Logan and Natalie got you the same book as me? I'm sorry :( That is stupid. I can get you a different one. Well I hope you had an awesome day. Miss you!