Just Us

Just Us

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lately

Today's one of those rare days that I feel like lashing out at people. So I'm trying to distract myself with loud cheery pop music, cookies for breakfast, and blogging. It would be sad if I was grumpy with someone who didn't deserve it.... my dry sarcasm can get quite viscous. So, in the spirit of cheering myself up I went through my pictures on my phone. So this post is about what's new in our lives (very little... you've been warned).
I mentioned in my last post that my Beautiful cousin Lindsay was in a car accident 2 days after her high school graduation. She past away later in the week. Lindsay was one of those people that had a smile that could brighten your whole day. She was a whole lot of sugar with just enough spice to keep things interesting. Lindsay and I weren't close but that didn't change the fact that my heart broke for her family and her lost life. Lindsay had made the decision to serve an LDS mission and she was prepared to go "wherever the Lord sends me". She will be a great missionary for God.


So we went out to Oregon for the funeral. I haven't been to Oregon in YEARS but I absolutely LOVE that beautiful state. It's gorgeous. and rainy. Who could ask for more? And to add to it, I have some awesome family there! they're hilarious! and I don't see them nearly enough (you hear that family?! come visit!)
 The view from our ocean-side condo
 Casey, Heston, and some trashy girl standing in front of the ocean. That rock had more birds on it then there are stars. OK I'm being dramatic, but the specks you see? those are birds.
 Lighthouse! I always expect something dramatic to happen at a lighthouse. Like I'm going to see a ghost. Or a murder. Or a proposal.
 Heston LOVED the ocean. Every time we tried to drag him back he ran (crawled) back towards it.
 

Yeah... adorable. freaking adorable!
 
In other news, Heston is now way too old. He turns one on August 1. He walks. and has way too much attitude. He's on Time-out at least once a day.  He also chases our dogs around hugging, patting, and pulling their hair. Poor dogs...
 
 
He has a new big boy car seat.
 
It's Fiesta Days in Spanish Fork and we went to the rodeo Tuesday night. Heston is usually asleep by 7:30 (that kid has to get his 12 hours), the rodeo started at 8... he was very very sleepy. but he loved the flag girls (oh boy...) and the horses.
 
 Sleepily watching the bronc-riding
 
As you can see, he was sleepy even before we left. But look how adorable he is in Cowboy attire!
 
 
Well... I think that's about it....we had a cold that turned us all into zombies. But don't worry, Tylenol cured us. We have a new giant chair (thanks Kim and Bruce!) that is heaven to read in... yeah, we're SUPER lame. but I like it. 


3 comments:

The Normans said...

Ok... I have to admit when you said, "Casey, Heston, and some trashy girl standing in front of the ocean." I was trying so hard to find some "trashy girl" standing in the background. I really was! I was getting really frustrated that I couldn't find her, until I realized what you were implying... oh geez. You are so funny Les and far from trashy! Miss you!

The Jarretts said...

"I always expect something dramatic to happen at a lighthouse. Like I'm going to see a ghost. Or a murder." Those are some high expectations. Wonder where you get all those dramatic ideas from?

Missy said...

Yep. He's freaking adorable. And, I TOTALLY felt the same way at when Luke & I visited the lighthouses! Is that a sign of too much reading? Naaaah.