Just Us

Just Us

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Work, Mermaids, Sugarland, and S'mores

My Title pretty much explains the madness that has been our lives. Summer FLEW by way too fast. Casey worked the whole summer and barely had any time off. In July I read 20 books; apparently I turn into a pathetic lump when Casey works 7 days a week. On the up side, it gave me time to perfect a zucchini bread recipe (Leslie cooks? what? yes, don't be confused, it doesn't happen often.)
Casey bought me a porch swing for our anniversary! I'm so excited!!! every time it rained I would go sit out on our front porch on the ground. Now I can sit on my padded swing! I'm in love with it.
I went and saw the Little Mermaid down at Tuachan with my best friend! It was so very cute. Go see it and ooh-and-ahh over the special effects that they do with the water. it's magical. Speaking of magical, I also threw up a blue snow cone, witnessed an almost-fight at the parawan derby, and I'm pretty sure I saw a unicorn on the way home. Now I'm trying to convince Moon to take me to Grease.
As I previously mentioned, Moon worked A LOT this summer. He had 4 days off in two and a half months and one day was for a family reunion and one was for a funeral. So he finally gets a whole 2 day weekend and what does he do? He buys me Sugarland concert tickets! Moon doesn't even like Sugarland. He makes me feel so special. he spends his first saturday off in 3 months, at a concert he didn't really enjoy. But I loved it! "Stay" is one of my all time favorite songs (not really sure why. I think its the emotion that she projects, it's so impressive.) and it was beautiful in concert! I got chills.
We have been wanting to go camping SO BAD this summer. a couple of weeks ago we finally got the chance. We camped with Brady and Haikyn, Maegan, and Meretta, and boy howdy did we have fun. We shot guns, and Maegan and Brady shot the bow and arrow (me and meretta couldn't pull the string back. embarrassing. I got it back once and was ridiculously proud of myself.), we ate a TON because that's what you do while camping, we drove in the beautiful mountains, and we chilled around the campfire. It was such a fun weekend. Moose played so hard that his paws got tired and he slept for an almost solid for 48 hours. And I think Skills, who has gotten to be a lazy fatty, ran more than she has in long time! Can I take a moment to talk about the food? I love food. And we had some seriously good food. One night we went to Brady's dad's camp and Monta fed us. oh yummy! and Then Casey made Heart attack toast and hungry mans for breakfast, we also had cobler and dutch oven cakes because Moon is amazing with a dutch oven. But, I think my favorite thing was the s'mores. It has been a long time since I've had a yummy s'more and I've been craving more since we got home. We used the really big marshmallows and because it's me that was probably a bad idea. I somehow managed to get Marshmallow on my forehead and in my hair.
Anyway, All is well with us and things are finally back to a normal schedule for Casey. I'm not reading at such a rapid pace, but football season did just start so that might change. Hope you enjoyed the update and I'm sorry I'm not a picture taker. I know those would have told the story much better than I can with words.

4 comments:

Missy said...

You went to Little Mermaid AND camping without your nieces. I won't lie, they cried. ;) Glad you've had some fun, sis!! Now we'd like a pic of the porch swing and a list of the best books you read.

The Jarretts said...

I can't believe that you didn't tell me you saw a Unicorn on your way home!! and I'm sorry you threw up blue. It was so sad :(

Hilary Obzansky said...

Sounds like so much fun! My family is going to see the Little Mermaid next week...without me of course. Sad day. Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's awesome and that you're doing well. Miss you!

The Normans said...

Ok, can we talk about how jealous I am that you got a porch swing?! I want one more than I want anything else in this world. Derrick makes fun of me because he's always asking people if they could have anything in the world (material-wise) what would it be. My answer - A PORCH SWING. When/if we ever get into a house, that will be my first purchase! Not a couch, or a fridge, or a microwave - A PORCH SWING. Someday. :) (sorry that was me venting my jealousy) Miss you! I love your posts!!