Just Us

Just Us

Friday, January 28, 2011

Good People


As you all probably know, we were in a car accident. We were coming down Provo Canyon Sunday night with my cousin Llexa in the back, Casey driving, and me asleep in the passenger seat. Since I was asleep through most of the accident what I have to report is mostly what I've been told. But here's what happened;
At the hill right before bridal veil falls Casey looked in his rear view mirror and saw head lights flying towards us, he couldn't believe how fast they were going and started telling me and Llexa about it "wow, that car-", but that's as far as he got because as the car was trying to pass us they hit the back end on the drivers side sending both us and them into a spin (apparently this was quite loud). We spun from the right lane through the left land and into the wire median where we took out 2 posts and our front end (they claim this was also loud...). Somewhere in that time Casey hit his head and shoulder. We bounced off the wire and continued to spin. Casey very sadly said "oh crap" (that's right folks, he actually said "crap"! The swearing came later...) And that "oh crap" is what woke me up. I opened my eyes to ask what he had left in heber but was stopped from speaking by the fact that we were facing the wrong way with a red hatchback (the car that hit us) sideways in front of us. We then spun until our back end hit the cement barrier on the side of the road and stopped. The Hatchback kept driving and never hit anything besides us. They were never found. we stopped on the shoulder facing oncoming traffic.
The fact that we were all okay is a miracle. I'm so grateful that everyone is alright. But here's what I really want to say; THANK YOU!
As soon as the shock wore off, I looked in our rear view mirror and saw that like 6 cars had pulled over at the bottom of the hill. There were people booking it up the hill to come make sure we were okay. Of all the cars that stopped only one car unloaded and to those 4 guys we are so grateful. All they did was check on us, And suggest that we pull forward so that we were off the road and wouldn't be hit by oncoming cars. But they really cared. I am so glad that the world has that kind of people in it. I always see someone stranded and think "I should stop. But what help would I be?" Now I know; I just felt good that someone cared. All of the other cars drove off as soon as they saw us get out of the car. These 4 guys were determined to get to us just in case we couldn't get out of the car. We didn't get their names and they didn't see anything but us spinning out of control but we are so so grateful to them. Thank you strangers. I thank God for people like you.

7 comments:

Missy said...

I'm thankful for those guys too! I'm sooooo glad that you guys are ok!

The Jarretts said...

I am grateful that you are ok and grateful for those strangers too. My hero will always be the stranger that pulled Anni and me out the windows of our car. I'm so glad it didn't come to that for you best friend. But maybe you broke the curse!

Burlene said...

Provo canyon killed my car as well. It was ice that UDOT created on the bridge, but still, dead car. I'm so glad you were all safe, I'm sure Casey was very shook up.

Johanna said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok! If you ever find out who it was, I'll beat them up for you;) Cause I'm so intimidating and all!

Cheri said...

Scary! Glad you guys are ok.

Hilary Obzansky said...

Whoa...that is crazy. Like everyone else, I am glad you are all okay. That's not cool of that other car to just drive off but thank goodness for those guys that checked on you!

Eva said...

Oh Dear! Happy to hear you are all okay and that there are still kind people in the world...but hoping the jerks who drove off get a whole load of their own karma dumped back on their heads